Texas University Panhellenic Council
- The largest all-women's undergraduate organization at The University of Texas at Austin with over 3,400 members
- Over 200 leadership opportunities available within the UPC community
- Both chapters and council recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for excellence in programming
- All UPC sororities support both local and national philanthropic causes
- Over $225,000 in philanthropic contributions each year
- University Panhellenic Council organizes annual philanthropy events to benefit Circle of Sisterhood
- Panhellenic women participate in thousands of service hours each year
- Find your home away from home with your sorority membership
- Make lifelong connections and friendships which will make your UT Austin experince unforgettable
- Studies have shown that students who are members of sororities and fraternities are more likely to graduate compared to students who are not affiliated. Beginning as a new member all the way to graduation, sororities encourage, develop, and maintain academic success.
- Spring 2015 UPC Grade Rankings:
- All New Member GPA: 3.47
- All Panhellenic GPA: 3.45
- All University Women: 3.25
- All University GPA: 3.212
- Over 80% of Panhellenic women have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Awarded $20,000 in scholarship money to members of the community in 2015
- Panhellenic Bounceback: UPC coordinates with chapters to attend a Men's Basketball game each season. The support of the athletics program is an important part of campus life!
- Educational Speakers: Each semester, UPC offers an educational speaker to cover various topics relevant to college students. Some examples include soccer superstar, Mia Hamm, and entrepreneur, Ellen Gustafson
- Greek Get Down: Starting in 2015, Greek Get Down showcases all 14 houses in a dance competition to raise money for national philanthropies. The three sororities who are award the top dance performances from special guest judges are presented with a monetary donation for their own national philanthropy.
- Greek Grub: Every year, Panhellenic co-sponsors Greek Grub with the other Greek councils on campus. Students wear their Greek letters to the East Mall and get a free sandwich.
- Every UPC sorority encourages their members to be involved in organizations outside of the sorority. Often, UPC women not only belong to these organizations, but many hold leadership positions. Sorority membership catapults women into these positions through experience shared by older members. Panhellenic women are involved in Student Government, Orange Jackets, Texas Spirits, UT Women's Volleyball, Mortar Board, Phi Beta Kappa, UT Women's Soccer & Track, Texas Dance, Texas Pom and Cheer, 40 Acres Fest, Student Volunteer Board, Texas Union, Order of Omega, along with many more organizations and activities!